EnviroREDI Dechlorination Tablets, Sodium Sulfite (12209248)
Your Price :
The 92% EnviroREDI™ sodium sulfite tablets possess the following features:
- Primary use: Dechlorination
- Description: Pale green tablet with slightly herbal odor
- Tablet Size: 2 5/8” diameter; 1” thick
- Tablet Weight: 140g (5 oz)
- Active Ingredient: 92% sodium sulfite
- Usage: 1 Tablet/19,000 USG water at 1 ppm Cl
- Container Size: 48# pail
- Synonyms: EnviroREDI dechlor, dechlorination, sodium sulfite, sodium sulphite
- Shelf Life: Approximately 5 Years
- Solution pH (heptahydrate): Approximately 9 pH
- Molecular Formula: Na2SO3
- Molecular Weight: 126.04
- Solubility in water at 80°C: 25% by weight
EnviroREDI™ sodium sulfite dechlorination tablets provide a consistent dechlorination rate that allows them to be used in critical locations where the environmental impact of chlorinated water is a concern. This product is used largely in municipal hydrant flushing programs to dechlorinate the water as it leaves the fire hydrant and ensures that the fish are protected from the harmful effects of the chlorine that is in municipal lines. We offer two sizes with the smaller jar of tablets available for residential pool discharges to the storm drain, and the larger pail for municipalities.
EnviroREDI Sodium Sulfite Tablets
The toxicity of chlorine is not always understood since it is consumed by the average household everyday, and some of us swim in it at relatively high concentrations. However, the lethal concentration of sodium hypochlorite (chlorine) to rainbow trout is approximately 0.2 mg/L and for the Daphnia-Pulex the lethal dose is approximately 0.03 mg/L (Source: US Environmental Protection Agency). What does this mean? It means that a pool that has 2 ppm (mg/L) of chlorine could pollute a body of water 10-100 times its size if sent to the storm drain. Similarly, water main flushing programs could send 10,000 gallons or more at 0.2 ppm, per hydrant, to the environment. When sending these volumes of water to the storm drain, it is a very important matter that the chlorine be removed, and it's a simple procedure to use dechlorination tablets as a means of removing that chlorine via tablet feeders or mats.
The tablets are used most effectively with a tablet feeder or mat as can be found in ourchemical feeders section here. Use the calculator below to find if EnviroREDI tablets, or another chemical provided by PromagEnviro.com is right for your application. Actual results may vary:
Dechlorination tablets are used whenever tap water or other chlorinated water is discharged to a storm drain or near creeks, streams, ponds, rivers, lakes, oceans or ground water. These are some typical applications where dechlorination is needed:
- Hydrant flushing
- Swimming pool drainage
- New main installations, maintenance and repairs
- Reservoir, water tank or well cleaning
- Wastewater effluent release
- Reservoir overflow
- Municipal parks swimming pool drainage
- Fire flow testing
- Filter backwash
- Highly chlorinated water release to wastewater treatment plant
- Permit compliance and Emergency situations.
See Downloads or Videos tab.
Promag Enviro includes free shipping throughout Canada and the U.S.
See Terms and Conditions.